Sunday, May 21, 2006

Gesundheit!

The problem with being a sarcastic person with a moderately caustic (well… extremely caustic) sense of humor is that people do not, will not, cannot believe that you coughed innocently.

Such attitudes sadden me. I had a mild cold and I needed sympathy.

Needless to say I do not get any.

There was no need to say that I did not get any sympathy, but I said it nonetheless. Cause I’m cool that way. I say that which should not be said, I do that which should not be done. (Or at least I do that which some people might frown upon, if they knew I had done what I had done. Or had wanted to have done)

My great decorating adventure continues. The print has been hung up and looks rather spiffy. And I have another bookshelf. Which is a good thing because I seem to attract books like honey attracts bees. (Or a more interesting metaphor, like supermodels attract Rajneeshs. Or cheesecake attracts Rajneeshs. Or supermodels bearing cheesecakes attract Rajneeshs.)

Ah, so where was I?

I was considering buying a new television to replace my tiny, tiny television from grad school. Not because I watch much television, but because deep down every guy needs a Television as some sort of electronic phallic symbol. A forty five inch screen (No! I am not overcompensating.). In high definition! With picture in picture. (It’s surprising how quickly analogies break down isn’t it?)

I’ve watched maybe a half hour of television over the last couple of weeks and so maybe, just maybe, I will refrain from installing the electronic male fertility symbol in my living room.

But I will not give up cable. I fucking do not watch television, but I will not give up cable. It costs me an arm and a leg, and out of the sixteen hundred channels that I get, I watch only two…that is when I do turn on the television. You can watch the television without turning it on. But there’s this same show on all the time. I think it is about the colour, “Dirty Grey”(‘s Anatomy?).

So yeah, Television and cable. Good stuff.

(I meant to write more, but I finally caved in and bought Half-Life 2 today.)

3 comments:

Sridhar Raman said...

Honey attracts bees? For some strange reason, I had assumed, blindly, that honey was something secreted by the bees. Maybe we could have some expert (Ameya) enlighten us on this.

freakphase said...

Burglar bees.

Punk Floyd said...

sridhar >> how droll, you gotta change the jokes.

Rajjo>> me playing halflife 2 currently too. Its way better than cable. Reminds me of our half life1 days. Sigh!!