Monday, January 09, 2006

A E O U

No more lower case I’s. That’s i’s . Really. Stop it

These guys came up with the idea of sticking that letter in front of their products. Nobody comes close to emulating their style and flair, so stop trying to rip off their naming scheme.

iPods, iMacs: allowed.

iCommodes, iBurgers, iRivers: Not so much.

In another sign that The Universe Is Ending, I have spent more on getting my shirt cleaned at the dry cleaners than I originally spent on the shirt.

The first sign that The Universe Is Ending was something I realized this weekend. Strip clubs, Bowling alleys and the backs of cabs smell exactly the same. Something to do with wormholes and temporal physics I’m sure.

In a related matter, when I moved into this apartment in September, I had in a burst of unrealistic enthusiasm, decided that I would start cooking regularly. Healthy meals and stuff. To further that aim, I had stocked up on vegetables and um...stuff. The frozen vegetables are currently in cryogenic suspension in my freezer. I was aware of their existence and was making a staunch effort to ignore their reproachful looks whenever I opened the refrigerator door.

However, I had forgotten about the potatoes. They’re in the cabinet below the knife drawer. No sunlight or water or fertilizer. But in a move that bodes well for the survival of the species Solanum tuberosum the potatoes decided that they would move to a higher plane of existence.

So, I now have a rampant potato based ecology in that cabinet. A small little wannabe potato bush. I will be following its progress with keen interest. I call the bush iPotato.