Monday, July 18, 2005

Just a roll of quarters please.

To the people in charge of the Uni-mart at the corner of Atherton and Allen, when I ask for a roll of quarters I want a roll of quarters. I do not want a packet of Trojans.

If I did want a packet of condoms (yeah right!), I would say, “Ahem ahem er um can you give me that latex anti-reproductive device.”

I do agree that it is a bit strange to have someone pop by at four in the morning and ask for a packet of chips and a roll of quarters. However, I was hungry, I needed to do my laundry and I keep odd hours. Perfectly reasonable isn’t it?

To recap, in future, when I ask for a roll of quarters do not hand me a packet of condoms.

Clarification: I was sober and unfortunately was returning from my lab, and not from a hard night of partying.

3 comments:

kay said...

hahaha!

Sridhar Raman said...

Ok, I shall comment this:
I presume the shopkeeper was new to the town.

:D

freakphase said...

Yes, all the established conom-vendors in town know that Durex is my favourite brand.