Thursday, September 22, 2005

Un-hiatused.

A brief message from our sponsor…

Let me begin by blessing all those who choose to leave their wireless networks unprotected. They are the salt of the earth, the wind below my wings, my gateway to a whole new world, a new exciting place… (Insert rest of Alladin theme here).

I resisted this urge for days, this urge to roam the apartment complex searching for a vulnerable network that I could exploit. Until today, when desperation and boredom defeated me.

Unfortunately the only place I can pick this signal up is in the parking lot. So currently I am in the parking lot, sitting on the sidewalk, typing away furiously with an eye on my battery levels. For some strange reason the powers that be decided that having power outlets in the parking lot was a bad idea. If only the bastards whose networks I can pick up in the apartment had chosen to be as open and as giving as this wonderful Samaritan.


…thus endeth the brief message.

(I’d write more but it is getting a bit chilly out here. So good night all.)

And the weekly molestation of my blog by the spammers has started. Well I’ve certainly foiled them. No more will they leave comments saying that I have an excellent blog, but that from its contents it seems clear that I have a weight problems, real estate dilemmas, stock market opportunities, mortgage lenders beating at my door, chances to buy stock, ever popular erectile dysfunctions, chances to pick up degrees based on real life experience, painkillers at bargain basement prices and so forth.

(It's really getting cold now. As "the devil" would say if he was french, "Adios".)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem! I thought 'adios' was a Spanish term. Never mind. Welcome back!

freakphase said...

"The devil" did not think so.

Anonymous said...

ok ok ok .... this was what happened. Think during the 10th exams ... we had an essay or something. I thought it was a pretty good job ... and i finished the essay with a line " as the french would say adios" or something to that effect.

So there , - happy !

----------------
todays word verification word ljrmx

Siddharth said...

dont come back. i havnt bought a router yet. or come back and take the rest of u r silly stuff

Anonymous said...

:)thanks for the brief lesson on the 'history of the friendship that goes back many years'. 'Tis ok Devil. What's the history behind your nick name?

Anonymous said...

we shall come to that ... but first whats the story behind ... ms marple - marpalade and marple jam ....

-------------------
todays word verification word lauwo

Anonymous said...

'What's the story MarpleGlory?'..:) actually nothing. Just variations that dispel the boredom. Poor Rajjo! We're using his blog not to comment on his 'stupid Rajneesh blog' which I think is funny honestly (and that's the truth Rajjo and I don't need to apple-polish here do I?..:) but discuss you. And since we are - how many nick names have you got? Shanty? Well well well! Oh and my word verification is/was jinqs (jinx). Anybody for superstitions?

freakphase said...

Poor Rajjo :(

Anonymous said...

"what's the story marpleglory"... You know....Rajneesh would have said the exact same thing....

Hmmm.....

apart from that Ms Marple's previous comment does not make sense.

----------------
todays word verification word ditxbyai