Monday, July 31, 2006

Fifteen billion degrees.

I’d like it if some company somewhere would invent a laptop that does not moonlight as an oven.

(I’m writing this in the customer lounge as I wait for my car’s serving to finish. Not a very private place, but I’d managed to snag an entire seat for myself and did not have to worry about anyone peeking at my machine. Until this lady sat down next to me and started peeking at my screen. She apparently is very interested in what I’m writing.

Well, she just read that last paragraph, and now for some reason she is staring glassily at the opposite wall. I suppose that there was a more diplomatic way of handling that, but I had to wake up at a half past six to get here on time and right now I’m not very well disposed towards the world. Also the laptop is reaching the temperature of a furnace, an enthusiastic furnace at the center of the sun.)

So yeah, hot laptops. Bad for the whole lap part of the body.

(And before I get yelled at, I give complete credit to someone else for first mentioning the hot laptop issue.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lady peeking at your screen- not bad unless you are writing something very confidential.

I have seen some very good blogs go totally unappreciated.

Choice is yours.

Anonymous said...

On a good note, for men it can be considered as an alternative method of birth control.

;)

freakphase said...

Millimeter, the twistiness of your mind never ceases to amaze me. You, strange woman, you.

Siddharth said...

u do know that there are anti reflective screens and such which block when viewed from an angle right?

freakphase said...

I choose to ignore their existence.