Friday, July 30, 2004

Where I am mobile and connected...

Well I finally caved in. Bought myself a cell phone. Well that happened on the 26th and it finally was delivered the day before yesterday.
I wasted an entire day waiting for the UPS dude to turn up. I could have been doing something productive.

Like...

Um...

You know...

You get my drift. Something productive.

Anyway. The phone turned up. I put the battery in the wrong way so naturally it did not work. I panicked (Yes, gentle reader I really am a Computer Science Grad Student.). So I called up the customer service at Amazon, AT&T and Motorola. It was during my second call to Amazon that I realized what I had done. The phone worked fine right after the battery went in the right way.

Incidentally Amazon has already dispatched a replacement phone.

So, I have a cell phone. It's very pretty. It doubles up as a camera. It has an address book and a calculator.

I then realize that there really is no one I want to talk to. So I called up my land line from the cell phone. And then my cell phone from the land line. And well, that was about it.

Oh yes, I did synchronize it with MSN and Yahoo messengers.

Well, I finally crumbled. I have joined the mindless masses and I have a cell phone. I'll have to switch it off in theaters and airplanes. I'll have to plug it in every night and remember to take it with me in the morning.

Ah, the joys of modern technology.

Last Word: Do not work out in the gym in a bad mood. You will hurt yourself.

Really Last Word: That was just to let you know, o gentle reader that I do work out.

Absolutely Last Word: Chilli, I apologize. I just could not come up with the kind of blog we discussed.

Final Last Word: It is life's little ironies that make death such a popular alternative.

That's it...

Really...

Go...

Um...
Call me at 880 7733.

The cat is at the Democratic National Convention in Boston.

No comments: