Friday, July 09, 2004

Where I wax nostalgic...

I finally watched F911. Excellent movie. Lots of food for thought.

I tried to buy my cell phone, but was not allowed to. Apparently you need a driver's licence to get a phone. That is because we drive the phones on the roads here. They are an energy efficient method of transportation.

Introspection.
Do I try to maintain an emotional distance from people? Unfortunately I think I do. I have always been an intensely private person, and that has increased in the year and a half I have been in this country.

To Kaushik, thank me for the entertainment. And anytime you want me to wax lyrical, I will be more than happy to oblige.

For some reason, I miss Bangalore more than usual this morning. Mathru and Vishnu, Shanti Sagar and Amoeba(was that the place?), Kebab corner, MG and Brigade Road, Madiwala Circle and Koramangala, Aangan and strangely enough TGIF.

I'm getting older. Not wiser. Just older. At the ripe old age of 25, I look back and I see a large moving object bearing down on me. (Yeah right! Like I'm going to open up now)

According to the plan, I'll get my license on Thursday, but I am not holding my breath. But driving is fun. Freedom. Freedom. Freedom.

A belated tribute to the Godfather,
"Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

I have a weakness for petite brunettes. I do not know why that is so, but that is the way it is. And you gentle reader, should know who I am referring to.

Notice the tight structure and the coherent thematic thread in this Blog.

I still miss Bangalore.

Basweshwarnagar, Malleshwaram, Vijaynagar, Koramangala now, Madiwala then, EC further back.

I have had an hour of sleep. And I have a long day ahead of me.

This is the Weekend of the Central PA Festival of the Arts. Should be good fun. And should get to see Cold Mountain.

"Afternoon Delight" from the "Anchorman" is hilarious.

I am beginning to dislike my breakfast cereal. Apparently a year and a half is the limit of my tolerance. Unfortunately I still have a couple of boxes left. I may feed it to the pigeons in the balcony. They are hardy creatures, they will survive. They might survive. Ah well, the world has too many pigeons anyway.




No comments: